HomeEcThriftandStyle.blogspot.com/

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Racists/Bigots Hurt Children

I like to post on thrift and any home economics thought, add in a Retro illustration, and share any precious reading that might help in budgeting ideas, home ec and so forth. I have come across a so called 'friend' who is what some might call a racist or radical, one who loves her country and not its immigrants in this (USA)... a land of immigrants where the Native American tribes are its first inhabitants. I am so tired of receiving controversial, racial comments and some which offer incorrect facts so often I cannot keep count anymore. I believe that a human being who loves children and has compassion does not think along her lines because when one learns of a child in peril, a child who might be terminal by not being healthy, one does have compassion regardless of the child's color, ethnicity, religion and any other factor. The same applies to an animal or pet, one has compassion and does not spit hate. I am not Catholic, but I am very impressed by the love for the poor, the compassion for the less fortunate of the man who has become Pope Francis 1. It is important that we own compassion, be dignified, and not think that we are above the law of the land or above others. We are all immigrants or the sons and daughters of immigrants. Our presidents deserve our respect even if we do not always agree with their decisions. What does one do when one has to cope with a bigot who claims to be a patriot? I do not have an idea. Reading on home ec and skin care and budget, as well as enjoying Pinning on Pinterest are easier tasks than attempting to understand the lack of love and compassion for those who are less fortunate and poor through recent immigration. For those who are illegals, I think the government has the responsibility to make judgments and decisions, and not us. To those of you who are of the Roman Catholic faith I congratulate you on the selection of your leader, Pope Francis 1, a humble man who lives the doctrines that he preaches in the most humble and godly manner. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. (wrote an email, it's being returned and won't go through on your end. this is the only way to notify you)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have received your two mails today and your comment here at the blog. Glad all is well. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete