HomeEcThriftandStyle.blogspot.com/

Friday, April 12, 2013

Two days ago my husband and I went on a date. We enjoyed a delicious Italian dinner at a diner. We walked downtown and entered a shop and we had fun. Finally, we went to the most known bookstore in this country, no names mentioned. My husband wanted to purchase a dictionary that is English-Spanish and I suggested that he purchased a Latin American dictionary as opposed to a Spaniard dictionary. Oh, it was a struggle! He did not find it. I asked the lady who was at the little booth in customer service for book searches and orders. She kept saying that there was not such dictionary because she had never seen on at the store. I said that I had one from the store and that it is the Latin-American English-Spanish dictionary. She did not care to do the search and kept saying there was no such dictionary. She made a comment with a young man who worked in that area and he agreed with her. I had to ask her to do a computer search. There it was! She did not apologize and did not make another comment as to the non-existent book. She asked if we wanted to order it. Well, yes ... that was obvious. Are workers today lazy? I knew more about the books that bookstore sells than she did. She was argumentative, though not rude. Later, we went to pay for our books upon placing the order in her work area. The young man who had been there went to the register and he served us. I told him that there was such a book, in fact, and that we ordered it. He looked as if he did not understand what I said and then he said he was not working there rather than to take an interest and better serve customers next time. In this area Latin American dictionaries sell! There is a demand for those dictionaries as opposed to a Spaniard (Spain) lexicon. I ask, if that store was their store would they not want to search, be hospitable and sell the product? Why is it that when my husband goes to the most well known hardware chain and to an old store where tools are also sold. My husband shops for tools and he seems to be more informed about the products and what is on sale than those who work there. I know, I go with him. Many times he asks a question and they just grab the box and read what has been written. They do not even informed about the products they sell in most stores. What has happened? It is disappointing to go to any store because the help is not efficient. There are stores where employees say they do not carry a certain product and we know they do. We always prove our case and pay for the product and not as much as a smile and 'thank you note' from the sales clerks or floor walkers in most places.

No comments:

Post a Comment