HomeEcThriftandStyle.blogspot.com/

Monday, May 27, 2013

FROM LUXURIOUS TO RAGS AND HAPPY ABOUT IT


PHOTO: google.com fascinating photographs. Let's dine
I do not know if this has ever happened to you ... All I can say is that I grow up setting the dinner table beautifully. Mother prepared meals and my father set the table, made swans and flowers out of white or pink napkins and the table looked lovely. This year I noticed that I was changing my ways drastically and I cannot explain it other than my fascination for 1970s Retro-everything! Indeed, my ways are changing and I feel great joy. When family comes over to dinner I set the table beautifully for my nieces and nephews. My husband helps me. Yet, these days, when I enjoy meals with deliciously prepared home meals made from scratch, I have developed a fascination for old, simple dinnerware, browns, and nothing fancy, not a folded napkin, not a fancy dessert or fruit salad bowl. I accept this humility lovingly and willingly. I create a 'fancy' ambiance for the family, but like my husband, I like it simple, very simple. I have changed and I am glad that I did. Although, on occasions, let's say ... once a month, I go along with fancy, but the rest of the time I enjoy the simple, old,down-to-earth dinnerware and table settings. Congratulations to ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment