HomeEcThriftandStyle.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

RETRO DINING


I enjoy using either of my two Retro eating trays, Retro Tupperware, Retro Corning/Corelle, anything Retro. Today I had a special breakfast: A broth with vegetables to lower my carb intake. There were delicious vegetables, and that included ginger root and garlic and I added low-fat cheese and a bit of Parm, had a buttermilk biscuit and it was all homemade! I did have applesauce, however, and this was purchased at the store. It is unsweetened, I do not like sugary sweets, and it was delicious served cold for breakfast.

It was an early breakfast, not brunch. I also had some of the vitamin supplies of the day. I used to have a sort of English/British breakfast with my half-cup of baked beans. I am a cheese-eating vegetarian and never tasted their black pudding, eggs, bacon, or any of that, but I still enjoy that kind of breakfast, baked beans, buttermilk biscuit, and a few extras that qualify such a breakfast as an Irish breakfast, but I still serve with Retro dishes, and not Irish dinnerware. I have fancier dinnerware, but I am forever and happily hooked on retro.

PS One of the other bloggers, a very nice and qualified homemaker and retro cook, posted on the tornadoes affecting her area in Oklahoma. I hope that tornadoes cease and I pray that all will be well. I like Oklahoma. It is a state that unlike some of the other states, Florida and Texas, seems different from most. I felt mystery and old-fashioned campfire in oil country as we drove along. Route 66 is a good memory for me. Oklahoma is a wonderful state and its people are very friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment