HomeEcThriftandStyle.blogspot.com/

Thursday, May 16, 2013

RETRO HOME AND VINTAGE DELIGHT


As I age, I feel that I have a greater need of being surrounded by old familiar objects. I miss old china, stoneware and Fire King lead the way. I think of Tupperware and that is a winner. Perhaps this is due to the fact that I hardly like anything mod! I enjoy modern art, pop music by Celine Dion, but I add the oldies music from Neil Diamond and classical music, especially Tchaikovsky and Chopin. Yes, I feel that I am deprived from my era. I like a 1970s living room and kitchen which blend with Depression Era values. I used to be hooked on the 1960s until approximately two years ago. Other than modern art and a 'limited' repertoire of modern music, I decline on fads, modernity, and trends of a sort, and as for Home life, I live retro. An old-fashioned apron, 1940s style or one that is Shabby Chic rules my heart. It is important to enjoy what you wear and what surrounds you at home, your castle, your comfort zone, and in terms of chores, it is as important to wear what you enjoy. Remember the old Donna Reed show (reruns for me, I do not go that far back in age), Donna wore pearls and an apron. Of course, that is television, but I am not on TV and I used to wear any of my white pearls and an apron a few years ago. Whatever works for you is ideal!

No comments:

Post a Comment